Some tell tale signs of a paranoid person. Identification will help you be more objective and not take their issues so personally.
- There is no such thing as constructive criticism. Any change you ask for will be met with rage and counter-attacks.
- Still mad at the kid in 5th grade that made that one comment about their weight, their nose, their whatever! Still mad at every person they can remember that ever said anything to them.
- Grudge holding is a badge of honor.
- Forgiveness is not this person’s strong point. It’s usually not even a weak point they’re working on.
- They’ll tell you a story about work and expect you to see the same negative attacks and threats. Only you don’t. You never see what this person is so upset about from interactions that sound so normal.
- Wants to appear cold, emotionless, analytical and very in control.